Do You Love Animals and People?
To apply to be a volunteer, please fill out this application and a member of the Animal Services Unit in the Fremont Police Department will respond to you.
All volunteers must be over the age of 18 and able to commit to a two hour shift weekly for six months. Volunteers are taken on an as-needed basis and recruitment is continuous. Preference will be given to people with experience or those with an area of interest that meets an immediate need.
What do Volunteers Do?
- Help socialize and care for animals in the shelter
- Help staff with office tasks such as preparing the shelter for opening each day, answering phone calls, photography and assisting with clerical work.
- Be willing to become comfortable around animals and familiar with basic animal behavior.
- Be comfortable interacting with the public.
- Must be able to follow rules, policies, and procedures of the Tri-City Animal Shelter.
- Be able to commit at least two hours a week for a minimum of six months.
- Able to volunteer on weekdays and/or Saturdays between the hours of 9 and 4:30pm
- Be able to pass a background check which includes records check and fingerprinting.