Animal Related Reports

Lost and Found Pets

Report a lost or found pet, get tips on finding a lost pet, and understand what to do if you find a lost pet.

Sick or Injured Animals or Birds

Find out who to call if you have found sick or injured wildlife / birds in Fremont. 

Report Stray Animal 

Stray animals should be reported immediately by phone. 

Please call 510-790-6630 and press #2 (Field Services)

After hours call Police non-emergency at 510-790-6800 #3

Report Animal Bite

Online form

Report Dead Animal

To report a deceased animal on a road or property in Fremont, you may fill out the form or call 510-790-6635.

Deceased animals on the freeway or freeway on and off ramps should be reported to CalTrans.
Caltrans Online Form
Monday through Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm: 510-614-5942.

If the animal is in another City, please contact Animal Services in that City.

Feral / Wild Cats

A feral cat is an untamed cat that cannot be handled in any way, not to be confused with a stray cat who is friendly and likely has a family. Animal Service Officers do not pick up stray cats.

Feral Cat Resources.

Request Animal Welfare Check

If you are concerned about an animal's welfare please fill out the online form and an Animal Officer will investigate.

Report Barking

Find out what steps to take and information to gather before reporting barking to Animal Services. 


See common snakes in our area. Find out what to do if you find a snake.

Find Answers to Wildlife Problems

Skunks, opossums, raccoons, mice, rats, and squirrels and more. 

Learn More.